Monday, January 11, 2010

Act 20

I’m sorry for the lack of posts. Chloe was sick, then I was sick, and then I got Chloe sick again with my current sickness. Luckily, I’m well again, and Chloe is slowly getting over this dreadful cold.

Today I decided to buy a four pack of Starbucks frappuccino drinks to keep in the car. I thought they would be perfect for the people I spot on the street from time to time who seem to be down on their luck, yet I drive by empty-handed with nothing to offer. Well what do you know, as I was heading out of the parking lot, I saw a young homeless man with a sign. Normally, he would be the type of guy I would want to judge. He was quite young and looked able bodied. I used to look at these types of guys and assume they were trying to scam people, because I had heard that there are people who can make quite a bit of money off of begging. What a great heart, right? I usually wouldn’t make comments aloud, but I had an ugliness in my heart toward these folks. When I asked the young man if he wanted a coffee, he flashed me a huge grin, and he said God bless you at least three times. As usual, his sincere appreciation for such a small act gave me great joy.

I feel like this blog has helped me to grow in many ways. I know I’m a long way from Act 222, but I feel like I’ve already made permanent changes within my heart and spirit.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear you both have been sick! That is just no good.

    ReplyDelete