Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Act 21

Please join me in making a donation to the Red Cross on behalf of the horrific earthquake that has hurt so many in Haiti. I wish I knew how to write eloquently regarding this topic, but I don’t know where to start. The devastating photos are bringing back memories of the tsunami in Southeast Asia. Since I was living in South Korea at the time, I was able to use my summer vacation time and fly to Thailand for nine days to volunteer. That trip changed my life. Even after that horrific event, the people were able to find happiness. They had nothing, but they clung to their family and friends who survived with them. My prayer is that the survivors in Haiti will receive the support and care they need, and in time, they will be able to mend their broken hearts and spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment