Monday, November 9, 2009

Act 2

A Million Thanks (http://www.amillionthanks.org) is a year-round campaign to show appreciation to the U.S. military, both past and present. They express gratitude for the sacrifices, dedication, and service by sending out homemade cards. When Reuben was in Iraq in 2006/07 for fifteen months, I spent hours making and sending them cards.

I admire that they don’t show preferential treatment to a particular branch, sex, warzone, or age group. They just want to send a little love and joy to the troops. For Act 2, I made a dozen holiday cards for A Million Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Just yesterday I was thinking about sending cards and I was going to ask you for some contact info. I'll check out the website!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jocelyn, I think these guys are great. Many of these types of groups have some sort of preferential treatment to certain groups, and AMT gives thanks to everyone. They have drop off locations in most states, but I think it's just as easy to mail them to the headquarters in CA.

    ReplyDelete