Monday, November 23, 2009

Act 7

Today I went to the JC Penney’s at the Tacoma Mall to pick up our holiday photos. If you’ve ever ordered photos from JC Penney, you know that they give you your photos, and then they try to sell you three sheets of additional photos. I had a question about one of the sheets, and the girl who was helping me was both confused and overwhelmed. There were only two ladies working. One was taking photos, and the other was trying to manage three phones that were all ringing off the hook. I told her I could just take my photos since she was busy, but she asked that I please wait. Once the phones stopped ringing, she apologized and told me I could have all of the extras free of charge for my patience. I almost cried. I have been having a really hard time the last few days, and this small act made my day. I wanted to return their kindness so I called the portrait studio tonight. I left a message for the manager stating what time of day I was in their studio picking up my photos, and I told her about what an awesome job her employees were doing. I think we often forget to commend those who are doing great work.

No comments:

Post a Comment